Recipe by That is Dr House to you
with soy sesame dressing from New Vegetarian by Cecila Brooks Brown
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 24 asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly toss the sesame seeds in a dry skillet over heat stirring frequently until golden and popping. Transfer to bowl and cool.
- Wash and trim asparagus. Brush with some extra olive oil [not your 5 tbsp ok?] Heat stove top grill pan very hot. Add asparagus in batches and cook turning occasionally until bright green, blistered and slightly charred. Depends on thickness but about 5-7 minutes.
- Put the seeds, braggs, vinegar in bowl and gradually whisk in the 5 tbsp of oil until emulsified.
- Assemble. Put salad leaves on plate. Place asparagus on top. Drizzle on the dressing and serve.