Recipe by COOKGIRl
Adapted from oceanspray.com. Note: the vegetables were prepared in a grill pan on the stove top. The carrots purchased for this dish were a small organic bunch which I left whole. For larger carrots, slice about thumb thick. Reminder: leave indigo carrots *unpeeled* if using.
- 453.59 g orange carrots or 453.59 g indigo carrot, with tops trimmed and washed
- 453.59 g fresh asparagus spear, trimmed and washed
- 14.79 ml grapeseed oil (original recipe specified vegetable oil)
- 44.37 ml red grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- juice of one clementines or 29.58 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 29.58 ml grapeseed oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml freshly cracked pepper
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh dill
- grapefruit, sliced (thinly sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill for direct medium-high heat.
- Brush carrots and asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil. Place carrots on grill or grill pan. Grill, turning once, 10 minutes. Place asparagus on grill. Grill, turning asparagus once, 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Place vegetables on serving platter.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the ruby red grapefruit juice, 2 tablespoons oil, the salt and pepper in small bowl. Whisk until well mixed. Stir in half the fresh dill.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and serve. Garnish with the remaining fresh dill and a few grapefruit slices.