Recipe by COOKGIRl
Adapted from oceanspray.com. Note: the vegetables were prepared in a grill pan on the stove top. The carrots purchased for this dish were a small organic bunch which I left whole. For larger carrots, slice about thumb thick. Reminder: leave indigo carrots *unpeeled* if using.
- 1 lb orange carrots or 1 lb indigo carrot, with tops trimmed and washed
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed and washed
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (original recipe specified vegetable oil)
- 3 tablespoons red grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- juice of one clementines or 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- grapefruit, sliced (thinly sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill for direct medium-high heat.
- Brush carrots and asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil. Place carrots on grill or grill pan. Grill, turning once, 10 minutes. Place asparagus on grill. Grill, turning asparagus once, 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Place vegetables on serving platter.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the ruby red grapefruit juice, 2 tablespoons oil, the salt and pepper in small bowl. Whisk until well mixed. Stir in half the fresh dill.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and serve. Garnish with the remaining fresh dill and a few grapefruit slices.