Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious when served with grilled seafood or chicken. Recipe source: local newspaper
Make and share this Grilled Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed, rinsed and dried
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, halved (or orange)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chives, snipped, garnish
- In a bowl toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill over high heat, turning asparagus as they brown (7-10 minutes depending on thickness of asparagus).
- Remove to serving dish and squeeze the lemon or orange over all and then sprinkle with chives.
This was a great way to eat asparagus, they cooked in about 7 minutes for me. Great recipe!
This was very simple and delicious. I used coarse sea salt, freshly cracked pepper (lots) and was a bit worried about the grilling because my asparagus was kind of thin. Well...I discovered a new taste treat! The heads of the thinner stalks drooped into the grill grates and got crispy from the fire. I'm now addicted to grilled asparagus with crispy tips. I ate almost the whole batch as if they were candy. Unbelievably delicious...crispy with smoky flavor and the lemon juice was just perfect before serving. Thanks Ellie!
Love asparagus and especiall cooked like this. I used lemon juice but will definitely try the orange juice next time. Thanks!