Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my favorite way to eat broccoli. I make this on the grill but I'm sure it would be just as good in the oven.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Add chicken broth and soy sauce, stirring until smooth; set aside.
- Place broccoli in a 13X9 pan greased with cooking spray.
- Pour liquid mixture over broccoli.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
This was so simple to make and had nice flavor to it. I love easy side dishes! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Yum!! I love broccoli but only when it's the right texture and not bland and this recipe covers that. It is so incredibly fast and easy! I make a lot of Asian-style tofu dishes and am always looking for a veggie accompaniment to mix in or use as a side dish. This is just perfect! It uses things I usually have in the house, anyway. I used frozen broccoli and made it exactly as it's written. I did cover it, but I baked it about 5 minutes longer (typical for my oven) and it came out absolutely perfect. Thank you!
This had a nice flavor. I made it with fresh broccoli and just a pinch of sugar and salt. I didn't cover it because I did not want it to get overcooked, but next time I would not cook it as long - it got quite soft.