Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
from Bon Appetit Aug 2004
- 1⁄3 cup black bean garlic sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped peeled
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops (about 8 ounces each)
- 4 baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 lime wedges
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk together black bean sauce, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, and ginger in shallow dish. Set 2 tablespoons marinade aside. Add pork to remaining marinade; let stand 20 minutes.
- Remove pork from marinade; brush cut side of bok choy with reserved 2 tablespoons marinade. Grill pork until just cooked through and thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 145°F, about 5 minutes per side. Grill bok choy until softened and lightly charred, about 5 minutes total.
- Divide pork and bok choy among 4 plates. Sprinkle with cilantro, garnish with lime wedges, and serve.