Recipe by osbornsc
Delicious grilled steaks. Rib-eyes have the perfect amount of fat for grilling. These have always made my friends very happy! Serve with steamed vegetables.
Top Review by Rainbow - Chef 536866
This is the first time I'm trying to pan grill anything, and got a couple of rib-eyes and looked for a simple recipe, and this is it. Also, need good directions and this is it. I'll tell you how it turns out in about an hour. (an hour later) I wasn't able to do everything, but I did most of it,, the soy, how long to heat the grill, cumin, mustard, stabbing the steak, marinading for 15 min. cuz no time for more. I like it and am going to try this same recipe again, cuz practice makes perfect. Thank you for the great directions. very helpful
- 4 rib eye steaks
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped and halved
- 4 tablespoons honey or 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients and whisk together. Lay steaks flat in a glass baking dish. Let steaks come to room temperature. Stab meat with a fork - about three times for each steak.
- Pour marinade over steaks. Marinate briefly - 15 to 30 minutes. Turn steaks over in marinade to coat both sides.
- Heat grill on high for 10 minutes. Quickly grill steaks on high heat to char - approximately 4 minutes on each side.
- Take steaks off grill and let them rest at least 5 minutes before eating.
- Sprinkle extra cilantro and black pepper on top and serve.