Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from Bon Appetit. I love flank steak and often make it marinated with equal parts soy sauce, vinegar and oil and then grill after 24 hours. This is a nice variation and the slaw is good too!
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 73.94 ml vegetable oil
- 24.64 ml minced peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 680.38 g flank steaks
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 red jalapenos, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1182.95 ml thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 177.44 ml chopped green onion, divided
- Mix soy sauce, oil, 3 teaspoons ginger and garlic in a resealable plastic bag. Add flank steak and seal bag; turn to coat. Marinade for 30 minutes to overnight as desired. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before grilling.
- Stir sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Add jalapenos and remaining 2 teaspoons ginger. Place cabbage and 1/2 cup green onions in a medium bowl. Pour vinegar mixture over and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand while grilling steak, tossing occasionally.
- Grill steak over medium heat BBQ until cooked to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to work surface. Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice steak thinly against the grain. Serve with slaw and sprinkle 1/4 cup green onions over all for garnish.