Prep 12 hrs
Cook 3 mins
I got tired of eating bland steaks so i came up with this version of it
- 1 lb flank steaks or 1 lb any quality steak
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup of sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon oil
- First, cut the steak into quarter inch slices, against the grain of the meat, put one teaspoon of salt and baking soda on it, with the table spoon of water, this will make the steak more tender, alot of asian places do this and dont tell you, let the baking soda work for over night, next day, wash it good, wash all the baking soda off and drain it.
- and pour the remaining ingredients on the steak, let it sit for a few hours and grill.
- Best taste if you grill it.
- Or you can pan sear it.
- let the pan get real hot, smoking.
- Then put a few pieces of steak on it with no oil, dont move it around, let it sear the meat turning only once.
- Dont put too many in the pan, it will reduce the heat of the pan fast and wont get that grilled crust outside.