Recipe by diner524
Another recipe I am posting for safe keeping found in my Simple and Delicious magazine. With grilling season started down here in Florida, love trying new recipes for the grill. Time doesn't include the marinading time, so make sure to make it up early in the day or the night before.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
*Wonderful* This combination of ingredients for the marinade gives so much flavor to the flank steak. A great grilled steak, moist and so delicious and tender. Served with Recipe #413337. Thanks! *Made for Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens ZWT 6*
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/4 pounds)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. To serve, thinly slice across the grain.