Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pinot Noir from Oregon’s Willamette Valley goes great with this fruity grilled, tender sweet and spicy steak. Wrap it in a tortilla or over rice.
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml plum sauce
- 118.29 ml pineapple juice
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 59.14 ml scallion, finely sliced
- 44.37 ml cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 29.58 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 0 twaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 2 flank steaks (about 1-1/4 pounds each)
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a storage zip lock bag. Mix well.
- Add flank steak and refrigerate for 3 to 6 hours, turning occasionally to distribute marinade.
- Remove flank steak from the marinade. Reserve marinade. Place steak in center of cooking grate and grill for 12 to 16 minutes, or until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling time. Occasionally brush lightly with remaining marinade while grilling. Remove steak when done and hold in a warm place for 5 to 7 minutes. Slice thinly on the bias for serving.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining marinade to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over steak.
We had this last night, and tonight again as left-overs. Great flavor that was even better on the second night. Thanks Rita!
Oh wow! We loved this! The flavors are wonderful! Boiling the marinade and then pouring it over the cooked beef was a great idea and the flavors are incredible! Yum! I'll be making this again! Thanks!