Prep 18 mins
Cook 9 mins
WW RECIPE: Grilled pineapple adds a sweet balance to these savory burgers. Serve them bunless or turn them into sandwiches.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 pineapple rings, 1/2-inch-thick
- 1⁄2 medium vidalia onion, cut into four 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, scallions, teriyaki sauce, ginger and garlic until thoroughly mixed; form into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Off heat, lightly coat burgers, pineapple and onion with cooking spray; place on grill. (Never spray cooking spray onto an open flame.).
- Grill pineapple, turning once, until lightly charred, about 4 minutes; remove from grill and cover to keep warm. Grill burgers and onions, turning once, until burgers are desired degree of doneness and onions are lightly charred and tender, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- To serve, place 1 burger on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1 slice of onion (separated into rings) and 1 slice of pineapple; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Yields 1 burger per serving.