Recipe by Charmie777
My husband and I had a dish similar to this on our anniversary. It is simply divine! The recipe is very easy, and it's the dipping sauce that sets this one apart from the rest! You might want to double the sauce if you want to go hogwild with it!
Top Review by MarlaM
I've been going to Walts Warf restaurant in Seal Beach, CA for about 10 years just to have this wonderful artichoke appetizer! I started making them at home too. The artichokes are great with or without the aioli. Thank you so much for posting!
- 4 artichokes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 -3 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 -2 ounce Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut artichokes in half (into quarters if large).
- Steam until tender and leaves are easy to pull off.
- (Or boil, or microwave).
- Combine melted butter and garlic.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients and keep chilled until ready to use.
- Heat grill or grill pan.
- Brush cut side of artichoke with butter and garlic.
- Place cut side down on grill and grill until hot and nice dark grill marks appear.
- Serve with aioli for dipping.