Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband and I had a dish similar to this on our anniversary. It is simply divine! The recipe is very easy, and it's the dipping sauce that sets this one apart from the rest! You might want to double the sauce if you want to go hogwild with it!
- Cut artichokes in half (into quarters if large).
- Steam until tender and leaves are easy to pull off.
- (Or boil, or microwave).
- Combine melted butter and garlic.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients and keep chilled until ready to use.
- Heat grill or grill pan.
- Brush cut side of artichoke with butter and garlic.
- Place cut side down on grill and grill until hot and nice dark grill marks appear.
- Serve with aioli for dipping.
I've been going to Walts Warf restaurant in Seal Beach, CA for about 10 years just to have this wonderful artichoke appetizer! I started making them at home too. The artichokes are great with or without the aioli. Thank you so much for posting!
I followed this recipe to the letter, no changes were made. We had never tried grilled artichokes before...they were delicious! However, none of us like the Aioli. I'm sure it's just us as a family, as the other reviewers loved it. Thanks for the great idea!
This was amazing! We eat a lot of artichokes, but had never grilled them before. It's hard to quit eating these, especially with the delicious sauce. A definite keeper!!