Recipe by NIN4NIN
I found this recipe on artichoke.org and have made it 3 times in the last 2 weeks. These are incredible and so easy to make. What's better than an artichoke? A grilled artichoke!
Top Review by mjlilo
Amazing and delicious! I used to love stuffed artichokes, but this recipe is lighter, healthier and brings out the essence of the artichoke. LOVE THESE! (I ran out of balsamic, so swapped with a combo of rice and apple cider vinegar and they were just as delicious.
- 4 large artichokes
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml minced ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice artichoke tops off, crosswise. Trim Stems.
- Boil or steam artichokes until bottoms pierce easily, or a petal pulls off easily.
- Drain artichokes. Cool. Cut each artichoke in half lengthwise and scrape out fuzzy center and any purple tipped petals.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large plastic bag. Place artichokes in the bag and coat all sides of the artichokes. For best flavor marinate in the mixture overnight in the refrigerator but should marinate at least one hour.
- Drain artichokes. Place cut side down on a grill over a solid bed of medium coals or gas grill on medium. Grill until lightly browned on the cut side, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn artichokes over and drizzle some of the remaining marinade over the artichokes. Grill until petal tips are lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Serve hot or room temperature.