1/2 Photos of Grilled Artichokes
2 hrs 15 mins
I found this recipe on artichoke.org and have made it 3 times in the last 2 weeks. These are incredible and so easy to make. What's better than an artichoke? A grilled artichoke!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice artichoke tops off, crosswise. Trim Stems.
- 2Boil or steam artichokes until bottoms pierce easily, or a petal pulls off easily.
- 3Drain artichokes. Cool. Cut each artichoke in half lengthwise and scrape out fuzzy center and any purple tipped petals.
- 4Mix remaining ingredients in a large plastic bag. Place artichokes in the bag and coat all sides of the artichokes. For best flavor marinate in the mixture overnight in the refrigerator but should marinate at least one hour.
- 5Drain artichokes. Place cut side down on a grill over a solid bed of medium coals or gas grill on medium. Grill until lightly browned on the cut side, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn artichokes over and drizzle some of the remaining marinade over the artichokes. Grill until petal tips are lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- 6Serve hot or room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 581.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g