Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you're one who likes to pick off artichoke leaves and dip them into a sauce, you must try this recipe!! I'ts really easy and fun to do alongside whatever piece of meat you're grilling on a lazy afternoon.
- 2 large artichokes, stems removed at base
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons olive oil (or combination of both)
- 8 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the artichokes in half lengthwise.
- Grill on Med/Hi heat for about 5 minute each side or until slightly charred.
- Remove from grill.
- Tear off 4 sheets extra-duty tin foil and assemble on each sheet: 1/2 artichoke, 1 t garlic, 1 T butter, 2 T wine and salt and pepper.
- Wrap tightly and grill (indirect heat) for an additional 45 minutes.
We have made our artichokes like this before and I really love them this way. We didn't have dry white wine but I did have some champagne so we used it instead! Tasted great. Thanks for reminding me of a great and easy recipe.
This was my first time preparing a fresh artichoke. I got some good prep information from some you tube videos, and your recipe was an easy finisher. I only used a bit of spray margarine and used lemon juice in place of the wine. These were very tasty and easy, thank you.
We really loved these artichokes and they so easy and fun to make, plus to you make them according to your people's taste...my husband doesn't like garlic so I prepared his package without it and screwed up the foil to indicate 'no garlic'. I got these going first, before the chicken wings that I served them with, and then added the prepared package to the grill to finish them off along with the wings. Thanks for posting this recipe Crispychick, we really loved it!