Recipe by crispychick
If you're one who likes to pick off artichoke leaves and dip them into a sauce, you must try this recipe!! I'ts really easy and fun to do alongside whatever piece of meat you're grilling on a lazy afternoon.
Top Review by Tish
We have made our artichokes like this before and I really love them this way. We didn't have dry white wine but I did have some champagne so we used it instead! Tasted great. Thanks for reminding me of a great and easy recipe.
- 2 large artichokes, stems removed at base
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons olive oil (or combination of both)
- 8 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the artichokes in half lengthwise.
- Grill on Med/Hi heat for about 5 minute each side or until slightly charred.
- Remove from grill.
- Tear off 4 sheets extra-duty tin foil and assemble on each sheet: 1/2 artichoke, 1 t garlic, 1 T butter, 2 T wine and salt and pepper.
- Wrap tightly and grill (indirect heat) for an additional 45 minutes.