Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe that was in my email from Taste of Home magazine and submitted by Brenda Waters - Clarkesville, GA. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.
- 12 inch pizza crusts, prebaked
- 2.46 ml olive oil
- 158.51 ml spaghetti sauce, preferably tomato and basil
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 59.14 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 59.14 ml water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 29.58 ml sliced ripe olives (optional)
- 236.59 ml part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml feta cheese, crumbled tomato and basil
- 7.39 ml fresh basil, minced or 2.46 ml dried basil
- 7.39 ml fresh rosemary, minced or 2.46 ml dried rosemary, crushed
- 7.39 ml chives, minced
- Brush pizza crust with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Spread spaghetti sauce over oiled crust to within 1 inch of the edges. Layer tomatoes, mushrooms, artichokes, and olives if using on top of spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and tomato basil feta cheese on top.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat and place aluminum foil over pizza. Grill over medium indirect heat for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and crust is golden brown. During the last 5 minutes of grilling sprinkle herbs over cheese. Let pizza stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serve immediately.
Aussie Swap #65: Fantabulous Recipes!! I love that it combined a store bought crust with exquisite ingredients!! Definitely an easy weeknight meal!!