Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe that was in my email from Taste of Home magazine and submitted by Brenda Waters - Clarkesville, GA. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.
- 12 inches pizza crusts, prebaked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup spaghetti sauce, preferably tomato and basil
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives (optional)
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled tomato and basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chives, minced
- Brush pizza crust with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Spread spaghetti sauce over oiled crust to within 1 inch of the edges. Layer tomatoes, mushrooms, artichokes, and olives if using on top of spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and tomato basil feta cheese on top.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat and place aluminum foil over pizza. Grill over medium indirect heat for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and crust is golden brown. During the last 5 minutes of grilling sprinkle herbs over cheese. Let pizza stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serve immediately.
This is a very delicious vegetarian-style grilled pizza. We enjoyed it very much and the only change I made was to use basil pesto genovese vs. red tomato sauce. Will be making this pizza again soon.
Aussie Swap #65: Fantabulous Recipes!! I love that it combined a store bought crust with exquisite ingredients!! Definitely an easy weeknight meal!!