This irresistible creamy dip from the Weber Grill Restaurant is equally at home at an elegant cocktail party or a Superbowl bash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 lbs frozen chopped spinach, well drained
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (which is added to mixture)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (for topping)
- 1To make the dip:
- 2Drain artichoke hearts and place on skewers.
- 3Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Grill over direct medium heat until golden brown, about 6 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- 5In a large sauté pan, sauté garlic, shallot, and onion in remaining olive oil.
- 6Rough chop the artichokes and add to garlic mixture.
- 7Add the spinach.
- 8Fold in cream, sour cream, and 1 cup of the cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Place in fireproof dish or heavy-duty aluminum pan and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- 10Heat over medium to low heat for 20 to 25 minutes until dip is heated through.
- 11For the pita:.
- 128 pita rounds.
- 13Olive oil.
- 14Salt and pepper.
- 15To make the pita:
- 16Brush pita rounds with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 17Grill briefly over direct heat to warm, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 18Cut into wedges.
- 19Garnish the dip with sour cream and chopped fresh tomato, if desired.
- 20Serve with the pita wedges.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Artichoke and Spinach Dip With Pita Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 282.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.0 g