Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This irresistible creamy dip from the Weber Grill Restaurant is equally at home at an elegant cocktail party or a Superbowl bash.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 lbs frozen chopped spinach, well drained
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (which is added to mixture)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (for topping)
- To make the dip:
- Drain artichoke hearts and place on skewers.
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over direct medium heat until golden brown, about 6 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté garlic, shallot, and onion in remaining olive oil.
- Rough chop the artichokes and add to garlic mixture.
- Add the spinach.
- Fold in cream, sour cream, and 1 cup of the cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in fireproof dish or heavy-duty aluminum pan and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Heat over medium to low heat for 20 to 25 minutes until dip is heated through.
- For the pita:.
- 8 pita rounds.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- To make the pita:
- Brush pita rounds with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill briefly over direct heat to warm, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
- Garnish the dip with sour cream and chopped fresh tomato, if desired.
- Serve with the pita wedges.
Divine! I served it with bite-sized water crackers instead of grilled pita, but the dip was magnificent!