Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This irresistible creamy dip from the Weber Grill Restaurant is equally at home at an elegant cocktail party or a Superbowl bash.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 lbs frozen chopped spinach, well drained
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (which is added to mixture)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (for topping)
- To make the dip:
- Drain artichoke hearts and place on skewers.
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over direct medium heat until golden brown, about 6 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté garlic, shallot, and onion in remaining olive oil.
- Rough chop the artichokes and add to garlic mixture.
- Add the spinach.
- Fold in cream, sour cream, and 1 cup of the cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in fireproof dish or heavy-duty aluminum pan and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Heat over medium to low heat for 20 to 25 minutes until dip is heated through.
- For the pita:.
- 8 pita rounds.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- To make the pita:
- Brush pita rounds with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill briefly over direct heat to warm, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
- Garnish the dip with sour cream and chopped fresh tomato, if desired.
- Serve with the pita wedges.
Divine! I served it with bite-sized water crackers instead of grilled pita, but the dip was magnificent!