Recipe by Ppaperdoll
A steak salad that tastes extraordinary, but uses fairly ordinary ingredients. From good ol' Betty Crocker!
Top Review by SVSOUZA
it was good, a little bland and seemed kind of oily...but i spiced it up with a cracked 4 color peppercorn & ancho chili powder on the steak. Served it with texas toast... I also added some dried shallots to it. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced (spring onions)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 large red bell peppers or 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups salad greens, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- For spicy garlic salsa, combine oil, parsley, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, crushed red pepper and garlic. Reserve 1/4 cup.
- Stir remaining salsa into onions and tomatoes in small bowl.
- Cover and grill beef and bell pepper 4 to 5 inches from medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning pepper often, and beef once to desired doneness.
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Cut into 1/4 inch slices. Toss beef and reserved 1/4 cup salsa. Cut bell pepper into strips.
- Place salad greens, bell pepper, mushrooms and beef in large bowl. Add remaining tomato mixture and toss.