1/1 Photo of Grilled Arepas With Cheese
Adapted from Chef Rafael Palomino's recipe, found on OChef.com. Posted by request. Arepas may be made in advance through step 8, covered with a damp towel and refrigerated up to 1 day before grilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place corn kernels and chicken stock in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- 2Pour the cornmeal into a large bowl.
- 3Stir in the sugar and sour cream.
- 4Stir in corn mixture.
- 5Add cheese.
- 6Form mixture into a ball.
- 7Separate dough into 8 pieces.
- 8Roll each piece into a ball and then flatten into a pancake about 1/4-inch thick and 2 inches in diameter ( rub your fingers around the edge so that it maintains its thickness).
- 9Preheat grill.
- 10Brush the arepas lightly with the melted butter.
- 11Grill the arepas until golden, about 3 minutes on each side. They should be toasted on the outside, but soft in the middle.
- 12Let cool to room temperature.
- 13Before serving, top with a spread of the farmer's cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Arepas With Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 233.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: