Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The perfect summertime weekday meal. Fire up the grill, throw on some pork chops & apricots (yes the apricots) and away we go! This is from the Northwest Essentials Cookbook. My 3-year old cleaned his plate eating this tonight, as did my husband... so I figured it was time to post this.
- 4 pork chops, about 3/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 8 -12 leaves fresh sage (or 1 tsp dried sage)
- 6 ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- In a shallow baking dish, season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and sage, and mix to coat. Set aside.
- Grill the pork chops with 1-2 sage leaves pressed to each side. After you flip the chops, dip the halved apricots in the leftover olive oil marinade and grill them for 2 minutes on each side until they are just warmed through and have nice grill marks. Be careful to not overheat the apricots or they'll turn to mush.
- Enjoy! We like to eat this with a simple basmati rice.