Recipe by GingerlyJ
Yes, guys.. It is dessert from the grill! a great alternative to strawberry shortcake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and quartered
- 6 apricots, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- stir in1 1/2 cups cream until the dough comes together.
- flour your work surface and turn the dough into it.
- knead until smooth and uniform in apperance.
- pat the dough to a 1 inch thickness.
- punch out rounds using a biscuit cutter or rim of a glass. you should have six biscuits.
- arrange biscuits on parchment lined tray.
- whisk together 1 tablespoon of cream and the egg. brush the tops of biscuits with this egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- bake for 15-20 minutes.
- preheat your grill to medium heat.
- toss the peaches and apricots with brow sugar and amaretto.
- place the fruit on the grill, cut side down at first, and cook two minutes per side.
- remove from grill and place in a bowl to cool.
- slice the biscuits in half , divide fruit into biscuits.
- with electric mixer beat 1 1/2 cups cream and 1 tablespoon amaretto until stiff peaks form. top with whipped cream and other half of the biscuit.