Recipe by Manami
Go apple picking in the Fall and then take them and cook them. Dessert meets the cheese plate when you drizzle grilled apples and flavorful cheese with honey and toasted pecans for a quick and healthy finish to any meal for two. Allow cheese to come to room temperature before using. Eating Well, October 2007.
Top Review by gailanng
Cooking is my passion and I'm always so excited about new and different recipes. Sometimes I call the kids to come see. Bet they're happy I'm not into chess. Oh, used recipe #369334 as a sub.
- 1 large tart apples or 2 small tart apples, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 9.85 ml almond oil (we used canola) or 9.85 ml canola oil (we used canola)
- 4.92 ml confectioners' sugar
- 28.34 g sharp cheddar cheese or 28.34 g parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped pecans, toasted
- 19.71 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Toss apple slices with oil and sugar in a large bowl.
- Grill the apple slices until just tender and lightly marked, turning once, about 6 minutes total.
- Shave cheese into thin strips with a vegetable peeler.
- Top the apple slices with a sprinkling of cheese and nuts and drizzle with honey.