Recipe by Annacia
The flavors of tart mustard and sweet apple combine into the perfect brushing sauce for the fish. Serve with a crunchy, fresh green-bean salad and seasoned grilled potato slices. From Canadian Living
Top Review by breezermom
Second time to try and post this review! This was wonderful. The sweet and spiciness of the mustard was wonderful on the fish. The smokiness from the grill made it even better. Thanks for posting!!
- 4 rainbow trout fillets (rainbow or any trout fillets)
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate (25 mL)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (15 mL)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar (5 mL)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (2 mL)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (1 mL)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat fillets dry; arrange, skin side down, on plate. In bowl, stir apple juice concentrate, mustard, vinegar, paprika, pepper and salt ; brush some of the sauce onto fillets.
- Place fillets, skin side down, on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and cook, brushing once with remaining sauce, for 12 to 14 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.