Recipe by Kelly0412
This is a great recipe....I believe I found it on 3fatchicks.com. This is a great summer grilling recipe that is light and everyone will love! Note: you do have to prepare the marinade the night before and let the chicken soak overnight! That is relfective if the prep time!
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
Thanks to Pic A Chef I picked this recipe to try.
I chose to omit the hot sauce. I loved this smell of chicken but the flavor was there but it was missing something. This is one recipe I would fool around with to get out the flavor I am looking for.
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- THE NIGHT BEFORE:
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice concentrate, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, thyme and hot pepper sauce. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Place the chicken in a single layer in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Pour half of the cooled ketchup mixture over the chicken turning once to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate both the chicken and remaining ketchup mixture until the next day.
- TO COOK:.
- Grill chicken breasts over medium-high heat until done, basting occasionally with the reserved apple-ketchup mixture.