Recipe by sillysunflower
Found a similar recipe & fell in love all over again. Sounded like such a wacky combo, but the taste was absolutely amazing!
- 2 slices bread
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 small red apple
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground red pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop pecans and place in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of oil, or just enough to make pecans stick together to form a spread. Add 1 tablespoon of salt & 1 tablespoon of pepper. I add 1/2 tablespoon of red pepper to the mix.
- Shred 1/2 cup of cheddar. Cut an apple, you'll need about 8 thin slices.
- Heat frying pan to medium heat. Pour in enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Place in 2 slices of bread.
- Put 1/4 cup of cheese on 1 side of bread. Top with apple slices. Top with remaining cheese.
- On other slice of bread, spread the pecan spread.
- Let your sandwich cook until the breads brown & crispy. Put your slices together & eat up! Yum!