Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A Southern Living recipe I'm posting here to try out later.
Make and share this Grilled Apple and Cheese Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup apple, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pimento stuffed olive, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- Combine cheese, apple, olives and mayo in small bowl.
- Spread on half the bread slices to within 1/4" of edges.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Spread sandwiches with a little butter to grill them and cook until lightly browned on each side.
GREAT TASTING SANDWICH, these! We really enjoyed the combo of cheese, apple & olives in the spread, & when toasted ~ OUTSTANDING! Definitely a keeper of a sandwich recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]