This recipe originates from Emeril but I make with our favourites. I served these with MizzNezz's Grilled Ham With Glaze. Great combination!
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml minced fresh basil leaf
- 14.79 ml minced fresh parsley leaves
- 14.79 ml minced fresh oregano leaves
- 2.46 ml minced fresh thyme leave
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 226.79 g zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 226.79 g asparagus
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 14.79 ml chopped basil
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml pine nuts
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper flakes to make the marinade.
- Place the zucchini, asparagus, onions, and bell peppers in a large bowl and toss with the marinade, to coat. Let marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to very high heat (alternately, preheat the broiler).
- Remove the vegetables from the marinade and lay on the grill, in batches if necessary. Grill over very high heat until marked, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove with tongs and place on a platter to cool slightly.
- (Alternately, arrange in 1 layer on a large baking sheet and broil until beginning to char, 2 to 3 minutes per side.).
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the cheese, pine nuts, and basil. Serve with the bruschetta or as a salad.
- Use whatever vegetables you prefer.