Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For a memorable summertime dessert. Adapted from McCormicks.
Make and share this Grilled Angel Food Cake With Peppered Berries &Vanilla Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 6 slices angel food cake (1 1/2-inch thick)
- Beat cream, 2 tablespoons of the sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gently stir in mascarpone cheese. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix remaining 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Stir in water and vinegar until well blended. Stir in blueberries. Stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 1 minute. Pour into medium bowl to cool slightly. Add raspberries and pepper; toss gently to coat.
- Grill angel food cake slices over medium heat 45 to 60 seconds per side or until golden brown grill marks appear. To serve, spoon berry mixture over each slice of cake. Top with a dollop of whipped cream mixture.