1/1 Photo of Grilled and Stuffed Bell Peppers
This is a quick and easy side to pair to any meat you're throwing on the grill this summer. You can substitute the green bell peppers with red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, or use two portabello mushroom caps (cleaned, gills removed). For a lower fat version, use low fat cheese, low fat margarine, and turkey bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice according to package directions (instant rice usually calls for 1 cup water boiled, rice added and allowed to sit for 5 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, half bell peppers and remove seeds and membranes.
- 3With cut side of bell pepper facing down, shave a small part of the pepper from the middle, so when you turn it over it will lie flat.
- 4Once rice is finished, stir in butter, salt, pepper, and basil.
- 5Toss cheese with flour, then stir into rice mixture.
- 6Pack bell pepper halves with rice mixture.
- 7Grill on medium high heat for 15 min or until peppers are cooked through.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled and Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.2
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 76.5 mg
- Sodium 827.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 21.1 g