Recipe by MarraMamba
This came from the calgary sun, and is a great recipe for summer, including parmesan wafers recipe using renee' fresh dressings and sauces. The roasted red pepper is actually Renee's Gourmet Naturally Light Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Dressing & Marinade, but any brand of roasted redpepper should do, and the peppercorn sauce is Renee's Gourmet Steakhouse Peppercorn Sauce
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1 cup roasted red pepper and garlic dressing, & marinade
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese (freshly grated or shaved)
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1⁄2 cup peppercorn, sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups red corn tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in a shallow glass dish and coat both sides with 1/2 cup Renee's Gourmet Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. Remove beef and discard marinade.
- Grill or barbecue beef over high heat until just medium-rare. Let cool slightly and thinly slice into strips.
- To make Parmesan wafers: On a cookie sheet lined with greased foil, divide cheese into 4 equal circles (about 2 inches in size).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and flat. Cool before carefully removing from foil.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, red pepper, corn, red cabbage and carrots; toss with steakhouse peppercorn sauce.
- Season with smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide salad mixture among four plates and top with sliced beef. Sprinkle with green onions and a little smoked paprika.
- Drizzle remaining roasted red pepper vinaigrette around salads. Garnish with a small handful of tortilla chips and top with Parmesan wafers.
- Quick Tip: Parmesan wafers can be made in advance and kept in an airtight container.