Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Williams-Sonoma Kitchen. This is what they say in their intro. A member of the mackerel family, tuna is a large fish with rich, oily, firm flesh. This recipe calls for ahi tuna, also known as yellowfin, a variety that is slightly more flavorful than the mild-tasting albacore. Because its meat is oily and firm, tuna takes well to grilling and pan roasting.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Divide the sesame soy sauce between 2 small bowls; reserve 1 bowl for serving.
- Brush the tuna steaks with 2 tablespoons of the sauce and arrange them on the pan.
- Grill, turning once and basting often with the sauce, until the tuna is well browned on both sides, about 8 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Serve immediately and pass the reserved bowl of sauce at the table.