1/1 Photo of Grilled Ahi Tuna & Pineapple Spinach Salad #A1
Chef #1803043237's Note:
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Light and refreshing organic baby spinach leaves tossed with shallot vinaigrette topped with juicy seared Ahi tuna & pineapple, sliced red onion, crumbled goat cheese and walnuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups packed fresh organic baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh wild fresh ahi tuna, 16-1 1/2 inch cubes
- 16 fresh whole pineapple chunks (1 inch)
- 1 medium red onion, 2 1/4 inches slice
- 3 ounces fresh creamy goat cheese
- 3/4 cup unsalted walnut halves, crumbled
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grade a pure honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1Make tuna marinade-Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil (reserve the rest for vinaigrette) with the A1 and Sriracha sauces.
- 2Cut tuna into 16-1 1/2 inch cubes, place in zipper sealed bag, pour 2/3 cup of marinade over tuna (reserve rest to brush on pineapple later), make sure all pieces are coated, close bag and lay flat in refrigerator for 30 minutes (turn bag over after 1st 15 minutes).
- 3Vinaigrette for spinach-Whisk red wine vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, honey, lemon juice, shallots, salt & pepper until emulsified. Put to side for use later.
- 4Slice red onion pieces in half and separate. Put to side.
- 5Rub vegetable oil on grill surface with paper towel, preheat grill on high for 5 minutes.
- 6Use 4 metal skewers each will have 5 tuna cubes and 4 pineapple cubes when complete, starting with a piece of tuna first alternate tuna and pineapple cubes. Brush the pineapple with the remaining marinade from earlier.
- 7Sear kebobs 3-4 minutes on each side and remove from grill promptly. Remove from skewers as soon as they are cool enough to handle. Put to side.
- 8Toss spinach with vinaigrette and place on serving dish, distribute red onion slices, crumble goat cheese on top, add seared tuna & pineapple cubes, top with crumbled walnuts. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Ahi Tuna & Pineapple Spinach Salad #A1
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 873.4
- Calories from Fat 628
- Total Fat 69.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 518.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 49.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce