Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A.1.Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. With the tanginess of A1 and some Latin spices, this recipe truly takes a Steak Taco up another notch. Fresh, flavorful, crunchy, tangy.....my family says this is definitely the Alpha Prime of Tacos.
- 1 (16 ounce) skirt steaks (approximate weight)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely minced (seeds included, Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 8 soft corn tortillas (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1 medium green tomato (Salsa Ingredient)
- 1 medium avocado, ripe and cut into small chunks (Salsa Ingredient)
- 1 ear of corn, charred in places and kernels removed from the cob (Salsa Ingredient)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of (Salsa Ingredient)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped (Salsa Ingredient)
- Bring Skirt Steak out 30 minutes prior to going on the grill.
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl combine: A-1 Steak sauce, Chipotle Pepper, Chipotle Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, and Cumin. Set aside.
- Preheat gas grill to high heat. While Preheating make Salsa by combining all salsa ingredients. Place salsa to side, leaving at room temperature.
- Brush vegetable oil on each side of steak. Place steak down and cook for three minutes.
- Turn steak over and brush with sauce. Cook five additional minutes (less or more depending on desired doneness of steak).
- Baste the other side with sauce.
- Remove steak from grill, place on plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- While steak is resting, heat a griddle on high and warm corn tortillas on both sides.
- While tortillas are warming up, mix remaining basting sauce with sour cream and stir.
- Cut steak into small cubes. Separate meat into the eight tortillas, evenly distribute the crumbled Queso Fresco, place salsa on tacos and a drizzle with sauce/sour cream mixture.
- Serve immediately.