1/1 Photo of Grilled A1 Yucatan Steak #A1
Chef #1803069607's Note:
A.1.Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. With the tanginess of A1 and some Latin spices, this recipe truly takes a Steak Taco up another notch. Fresh, flavorful, crunchy, tangy.....my family says this is definitely the Alpha Prime of Tacos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) skirt steaks (approximate weight)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely minced (seeds included, Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 8 soft corn tortillas (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (Basting Sauce Ingredient)
- 1 medium green tomato (Salsa Ingredient)
- 1 medium avocado, ripe and cut into small chunks (Salsa Ingredient)
- 1 ear of corn, charred in places and kernels removed from the cob (Salsa Ingredient)
- 1/2 lime, juice of (Salsa Ingredient)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped (Salsa Ingredient)
- 1Bring Skirt Steak out 30 minutes prior to going on the grill.
- 2Sprinkle Salt and Pepper on both sides.
- 3In a small bowl combine: A-1 Steak sauce, Chipotle Pepper, Chipotle Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, and Cumin. Set aside.
- 4Preheat gas grill to high heat. While Preheating make Salsa by combining all salsa ingredients. Place salsa to side, leaving at room temperature.
- 5Brush vegetable oil on each side of steak. Place steak down and cook for three minutes.
- 6Turn steak over and brush with sauce. Cook five additional minutes (less or more depending on desired doneness of steak).
- 7Baste the other side with sauce.
- 8Remove steak from grill, place on plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- 9While steak is resting, heat a griddle on high and warm corn tortillas on both sides.
- 10While tortillas are warming up, mix remaining basting sauce with sour cream and stir.
- 11Cut steak into small cubes. Separate meat into the eight tortillas, evenly distribute the crumbled Queso Fresco, place salsa on tacos and a drizzle with sauce/sour cream mixture.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled A1 Yucatan Steak #A1
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.0
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 83.8 mg
- Sodium 272.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce
chipotle chiles in adobo