Recipe by jkoch960
A recipe from the Cayman Islands. Posted for ZWT5.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This recipe was easy to prepare and came together quickly. DH and I were impressed by how complimentary the pairing of the grilled lobster and grilled veal were. We would have never thought of the combination. While we liked the dish, we were not overly fond of the frutiness of the sauce, which I believe is probably personal preference. Our only modifications were to use regular butter in place of clarified, and while I bought watercress, I forgot to garnish the dish with it. We used Bacardi for the rum. Thanks for an interesting meal. Made for ZWT5.
- 18 ounces french-boned veal chops
- ground black pepper, and salt -to taste
- 1 -8 ounce lobster tail, -split Shelled and Skewered
- 2 ounces watercress
- 2 ounces clarified butter
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon shallot
- 2 ounces cold butter (whole)
- 4 ounces passion fruit, nectar- (prefer with seeds for look)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the veal chops on a heated grill of 140°F
- Using clarified butter, season with pepper and salt.
- Grill the lobstertail the same as veal chop.
- Add passion fruit nectar and shallots in a 10″ saute pan. reduce in volume by 50% on medium heat.
- Now add the white rum, and the flambe along with the butter; whisk and simmer until it becomes a nice creamy texture.
- Strain the sauce and save about a dozen passion fruit seeds to garnish the sauce at plating time.
- At the center of the plate add the veal chop with the lobster tail leaning off.
- the veal chop.
- Pour the sauce over the top and at the base of the plate. Use fresh watercress for garnish.