1/1 Photo of Grillade of Veal Chops and Caribbean Lobster Tail
A recipe from the Cayman Islands. Posted for ZWT5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 ounces french-boned veal chops
- ground black pepper, and salt -to taste
- 1 -8 ounce lobster tail, -split Shelled and Skewered
- 2 ounces watercress
- 2 ounces clarified butter
- 1Place the veal chops on a heated grill of 140°F
- 2Using clarified butter, season with pepper and salt.
- 3Grill the lobstertail the same as veal chop.
- 4Add passion fruit nectar and shallots in a 10″ saute pan. reduce in volume by 50% on medium heat.
- 5Now add the white rum, and the flambe along with the butter; whisk and simmer until it becomes a nice creamy texture.
- 6Strain the sauce and save about a dozen passion fruit seeds to garnish the sauce at plating time.
- 7At the center of the plate add the veal chop with the lobster tail leaning off.
- 8the veal chop.
- 9Pour the sauce over the top and at the base of the plate. Use fresh watercress for garnish.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grillade of Veal Chops and Caribbean Lobster Tail
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.7
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 171.3 mg
- Sodium 224.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 26.9 g