Recipe by MarraMamba
Grill the ingredients for your sauces on a skewer, then blend as the meat rests. First in a series of 3 grilled sauces. From chef Robert Del Grande of Cafe Annie and Bar Annie in Houston.
Top Review by Deantini
This sauce is delectable and I haven't even served it yet. I am having a hard time keeping my husband and 9 year old daughter out of the bowl; so very versatile for the whole family. Made as written except that I added quite a bit less prunes because I had a hard time pitting them. Made for PRMR
- 1 slice bacon, halved crosswise and rolled into cylinders (thick)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 portobello mushroom, stemmed and cap quartered
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and halved lengthwise
- 4 pitted prunes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large ancho chili, seeded and quartered
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush the "kebabs" with oil and grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until the veggies are charred in spots. About 15 minutes.
- Remove from skewers and transfer to a blender. Add the three extra ingredients.
- Puree until smooth, season with salt.
- Serve with Steak.