Recipe by MarraMamba
Grill the ingredients for your bbq meat sauces on a skewer, then blend as the meat rests. First in a series of 3 grilled sauces. From chef Robert Del Grande of Cafe Annie and Bar Annie in Houston.
Pineapple and Red Chili Salsa
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1⁄2 lb plum tomato, halved lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 lb fresh pineapple, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed seeded and quartered
- 1 fresh long red chili pepper, stemmed seeded and quartered
- 12 mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread the "grill" ingredients for your sauce on a skewer.
- Brush the "kebabs" with oil and grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until the veggies are charred in spots. About 15 minutes.
- Remove from skewers and transfer to a blender. Add the three extra ingredients.
- Puree until smooth, season with salt.
- Serve the pineapple and red chili salsa with grilled pork chops.