Clams cooked in the shell pop open on the grill, just they do when steamed-the bonus for the cook: No big heavy pot is needed. From Bon Appetit July, 2007. The sauce can be done up to 2 hrs. ahead and left at room temperature. Re-warm before using.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon peel, finely grated, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/3 cups sauvignon blanc wine, can use other non-oaky white wine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 canned anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped, divided
- kosher salt
- 4 dozen fresh clams, small like Littlenecks, in shells, scrubbed
- 12 ounces linguine
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- 1Heat olive oil in small deep saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 2Add garlic, 3/4 teaspoons lemon peel, and crushed red pepper.
- 3Saute until garlic is soft, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add wine, increase heat, and boil until mixture is reduced to 1 cup, about 6 minutes.
- 5Remove sauce from heat; mix lemon juice, anchovies, 1 tablespoons parsley, and remaining 3/4 teaspoons lemon peel.
- 6Season with coarse salt.
- 7To make the clams, prepare barbecue (high heat).
- 8Arrange clams on grill rack and cover grill.
- 9Cook clams 5 minutes; uncover and cook without turning until clams open.
- 10Transfer to rimmed baking sheet as they open, retaining juices in shells (use metal tongs), about 5 minutes longer.
- 11Discard any clams that don't open.
- 12Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of salted boiling water until just tender but still firm to bite; drain pasta and divide among 4 large shallow bowls.
- 13Arrange 12 clams in shells with juices on pasta in each bowl.
- 14Spoon sauce over that; garnish with lemon wedges and sprinkle with 1 tablespoons parsley.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grill-Roasted Clam Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 213.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 34.6 g