Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender Grilled Pork seasoned with garlic and herbs. Great on chicken.
- 4 pork loin or 4 rib chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine salt, pepper, lavender, thyme, rosemary, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil; rub mixture onto the pork chops.
- Cover the chops with plastic wrap and let sit 1 to 2 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat barbecue grill. Place pork chops onto hot grill. Cover barbecue with lid and grill 4 to 5 minutes; turn and grill an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 155°F on a meat thermometer. Remove from barbecue and serve.
I used loin chops that were about 1/2 inch thick for this. The result was a great, juicy chop with wonderful flavor from the herbs. I'd never grilled chops before but this recipe has definitely changed my mind. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8.
I made this recipe with pork tenderloins, sliced. I let in the marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours. I liked the taste of the lavenders and fresh herbs. It gave a yummy taste to the pork. Thanks Rita :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives
FABULOUS! You know my love of herbs and especially rosemary so this recipe jumped right out at me! I made this exactly as posted and was rewarded with a juicy pork chop that was full of wonderful herbal flavours. It has been raining here lately, so I had to cook them in a pan on the stove. The lavender was JUST right, it is hard to get it right, too much and it tastes of soap and not enough and you don't get the flavour, but your 1/2 teaspoon was right on the money Reets! Made for GB and ZWT6 and also the Magic of Herbs in the Photo's forum, merci encore! Karen :-) (Photos to be posted)