Recipe by JillAZ
This is very good on potatoes. A nice seasoning blend. I put this in the oamc category because you can make this blend up ahead of time and have it ready to go.
For Seasoning blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (we like smoked paprika)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 6 medium potatoes (or 1 lb. frozen french fries)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together pepper, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt and parsley flakes.
- I like to do this by making an assembly line with a few baggies and making several batches at once. Just keep in the cupboard until you are ready to make the fries.
- To make the fries using fresh potatoes:.
- Scrub potatoes well and cut in half lengthwise. Then cut into about 1/4" thick slices.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potato slices and cook for 5-10 minutes until just starting to get tender - do not let these get too soft!
- Drain potatoes.
- Return to pan and add the 3 T. olive oil and the seasoning mix. toss well to coat.
- Tear off a sheet of heavy duty foil about 12 x 18". Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in center of foil. Bring up sides of foil and fold together. Fold in ends. Leave a little room for the packet to expand.
- Place on a preheated grill and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- You can also do this on one of those veggie grill plates made for the barbecue.
- to do this with french fries:.
- Place frozen fries on a baking sheet and sprinkle with seasoning mix. Bake according to package directions, turning halfway through. Do not use the olive oil if using frozen fries.