Recipe by threeovens
This is a recipe used by Tarsem Kohli to lure customers in to buy his Dome Grills. Passerbys would smell the chicken grilling and want to buy a grill for themselves. Heh heh heh. I am not sure about the cooking time since the original recipe posted in the NY Times calls for chicken drumsticks, but the instructions mention "wings." Just make sure juices run clear when you test your chicken. It should not be bloody at all.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons mango powder or 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely grated
- 10 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne, ginger, garlic, sugar, and mango powder or orange zest; rub all over drumsticks.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and cream and toss to coat; let marinate 30 minutes.
- Heat grill (one with a lid) to a moderate heat (350 degrees F); the coals will be evenly gray.
- Grill drumsticks, with the lid closed, turning every 6 or 7 minutes until done, about 15 to 30 minutes.