Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Here's a tasty summer recipe from Charlie Palmer's Casual Cooking.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 lb green onion
- 1 cup olive oil
- fresh-ground pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Break the woody ends from the asparagus and use a vegetable peeler to remove the outer skin.
- Trim roots and excess greens from the onions; the onions should be about the same length as the asparagus spears.
- Toss the onions and asparagus with 1/4 cup of the oil and the salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables either on the grill or on a baking sheet in a 500 degree oven.
- Grill or roast for about 8 minutes, turning frequently, until slightly crisp and caramelized.
- Remove from oven with tongs (carefully).
- Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and remaining oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and serve warm.