Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's a recipe my six-year-old likes to make at Christmas and school year-end for gifts. Easy to make and about as smooth as fudge gets.
- 8 ounces jars marshmallow creme
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil.
- Over medium heat, use a large saucepan (very hot mixture rises as it boils) and combine marshmallow creme, butter, salt, sugar and evaporated milk.
- Bring to boil, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add chocolate chips, stirring until melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and walnuts.
- Pour into pan and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Cut the fudge small, as it's very rich.
- We get about 40 pieces.
It tasted good...But I wish it were moister. Easy to make.