- 6 fresh cleaned trout (or other freshly caught freshwater fish)
- 6 sprig fresh rosemary or 14.79-29.58 ml dried rosemary
- 85.04 g soft butter
- 18 fresh mint leaves or 9.85 ml dried mint leaves
- 6 sprig fresh thyme or 9.85 ml dried thyme
- 6 fresh sage leaves or 4.92 ml dried sage
- 4.92-9.85 ml sea salt
- black pepper (6 to 9 grinds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put one sprig or generous shake of rosemary down the middle of each fish.
- Chop all the other herbs and seasonings and mash them into the soft butter.
- Use this to coat the fish generously on each side.
- Griddle, barbeque or grill it for 4-5 minutes on each side or till the skin is well browned and the flesh flaking off the bone.
- Baste frequently with the butter that runs off.
- Serve at once with fresh peasant bread and a salad or a simple green vegetable.