Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy easy dessert for dinner party or BBQ. From a magazine
- 4 slices dense butter pound cake, each 3/4-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 4 sprigs mint
- Butter both sides of each pound-cake slice. Heat a wide, heavy-bottomed frying pan or flat griddle pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Place the slices in the pan, and cook for 1½ minutes, then flip and cook for 1 minute on the other side. R.
- emove to a cutting board, and cut each slice in half.
- Place each slice on an individual plate with a dollop of lemon curd. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and garnish with a mint sprig.
- You can make this with frozen pound cake too.
- Just slice it straight out of the freezer, and cook for 2 minutes on the first side and 1¼ minutes on the other.