Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
We have created a fail-proof recipe to ensure a delicious polenta every time. This recipe is perfect year-round and serves as a filling and delicious alternative for a meat entrée. The secret to this scrumptious dish is the sauce made with Twisted Butter's Cinnamon, Honey & Brown Sugar Butter. The sweetness of this product perfectly highlights the savory flavor of the goat cheese, while complementing the grilled polenta and caramelized onions. The extra drizzle of honey at the end ties all the components together, resulting in a delectable entrée with rich flavor and texture. The only problem with this recipe: it serves eight, which means the possibility of no leftovers! http://www.twistedfoods.com/griddledpolentacakes.asp
For the Polenta
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Topping
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons twisted butter cinnamon, Honey & Brown Sugar Butter
- 1 yellow onion, halved and sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- honey, to drizzle
- Bring the water, milk, and salt to a boil. Slowly whisk in the polenta. Turn heat to low, and continue whisking for 5 minutes or until polenta is smooth and creamy. Spread the polenta in a 9x9 baking dish, and set aside to cool.
- While the polenta is setting up, add the butter and olive oil to a heavy-bottomed skillet set to medium-low heat. Add the sliced onions and a sprinkle of kosher salt, and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, golden, and caramelized – about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into another skillet, set over medium heat. Using a 3 inch round cookie-cutter, cut out circles of the firm polenta, and place in the heated skillet. Cook until slightly browned and crusty on one side – about 2 minutes – then flip and cook the other side another two minutes.
- To assemble the polenta cakes, place on a plate and add one tablespoon of caramelized onions to each cake. Then top each with about one teaspoon of crumbled goat cheese, drizzle with honey, and enjoy!
I really gobbled this up it was so delicious! It was also very pretty plated.