Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Eggplant is a rather underused veggie and hopefully this recipe will inspire some people to explore the vegetable more.
- 2 large eggplants, sliced lengthways into 1/2cm-thick
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat a griddle or frying pan until very hot.
- Brush the egggplant with a little oil and griddle or fry in batches until soft and cooked through.
- Arrange eggplant on a platter.
- Mix together the lemon and garlic with 5 tbsp olive oil and some seasoning, and drizzle over the aubergine.
- Let the flavors meld together for 5 minutes, then scatter the feta and herbs over and serve.
Very enjoyable way to prepare eggplant! I used a 1.75lb bag of baby eggplants for this instead of the 2 full-size ones. Because of this, I measured out the full amount of feta cheese, not knowing how my baby eggplant compared to the full-size volume-wise. I ended up using only about half of the cheese, because the full 7oz would've been almost as much cheese as eggplant. Love the flavors together, though! Thanks for posting :)! Made for The Queens of Quisine for ZWT6 Greece
I love anything with eggplant. A nice simple dish. In the summer I'll make this on the barbecue griddle plate to get nice lines on it but I've put it away for the winter so I just did the eggplant in the oven. Eggplant and feta are a winning combination. Made for ZWT 4.