Recipe by Blackcats4
A delicious starter or light lunch. I love this and served it as a starter in a moroccan themed meal. I got this from the Belazu website and adapted it to fit my meal. The chilli gives it a lovely bite.
- 6 medium courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways, leaving the skin on
- extra virgin olive oil (for brushing)
- 3 buffalo fresh mozzarella balls (torn into bite sized pieces)
- 1 sweet pickled lemon, rind only finely chopped (you can get these from Belazu on line)
- 1 cup mint leaf
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 1 -2 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush the courgettes with olive oil and cook them in batches on a hot griddle or under a grill until just tender (2-3 minutes per side). Keep the cooked slices warm and covered until they are all done.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and season well.
- Divide the courgette, mozzarella, pickled lemon and mint between 6 plates.
- Pour over the dressing and serve with crusty bread for mopping up the juice.